Journal of Textbook Research (JTR) is published by the National Academy for Educational Research (NAER), Taiwan. Launched in 2008, JTR is the first scholarly journal among Chinese-speaking countries that features textbook studies.
The journal is published in printed and electronic versions, and is free to access online immediately on publication.
Aim & Scope
- JTR aims to establish a platform for the dialogue among those with interest or experience in the area of textbook-oriented research and to improve the quality of teaching materials.
- We welcome submissions related to textbook policy, textbook system, textbook development process, content analysis, textbook evaluation, textbook use, international comparison, historical analysis, research methodology, and other topics that stimulate thinking in the field of textbook-oriented research.
- JTR is published triannually in April, August and December.
- We accept both Chinese and English papers.
- All manuscripts submitted to JTR are to undergo double-blind peer review.
- JTR does not charge any submission fees, processing fees, or publication fees from authors.
- JTR is published in full open access under the Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND) license.
- Following the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI), we allow users to “read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself.”